To change the preferred video codec for the API key
- Vonage Video API
- Video Codec
- Log in to your Vonage Video API Account as an Admin or Developer
- From the left menu, choose the desired Account.
- Select a Project for which you want to change the Video Codec.
- Scroll down to Project Settings.
- Click Edit in the General settings.
- Change the preferred codec for your API key from the drop-down menu and click on the Save button.
H.264 is not recommended for large sessions and may not be supported on older Android devices. For additional information about Video codecs, see our developer documentation on video codecs supported in OpenTok.