Configuring the SIP call monitoring to receive real-time callback events for your SIP call on your app server.
- Vonage Video API
- SIP Call Monitoring
SIP monitoring callback URL can be configured within the account portal. Whenever a SIP call event is detected, that is, a SIP call is created, updated, or destroyed, a HTTP POST request with the information about the progress of the SIP call is issued from the Vonage Video API infrastructure to your registered callback URL.
Callback URL can be configured by the registered Admin or Developer of your Vonage Video API account.
To register a callback:
- Log in to your Vonage Video API Account.
- From the left menu, choose the desired Account.
- Select a Project for which you want to register a SIP monitoring callback.
- Scroll down to Project Settings.
- Under SIP Call Monitoring, click Configure.
- Configure the callback URL and click Submit.
- If the callback is successfully registered, a popup with "Callback URL Configured" will appear.
- If the registered callback URL cannot be reached, a popup with "Configuration Failed" will appear. Double-check your callback URL and the server hosting the URL and Retry.
To remove the registered callback:
- Under SIP Call Monitoring, click Remove.
- Click Confirm Removal to remove the configured SIP monitoring callback.
For additional information about monitoring SIP call progress, see our developer documentation on SIP call monitoring.