Configuring session monitoring callbacks to receive real-time session events for your Vonage Video API projects and monitor your session activity from your app server.
- Vonage Video API
- Session Monitoring
Session monitoring callback URLs can be configured within the account portal. Whenever a Session event is detected, such as a connection is created or destroyed, or a stream is created or destroyed, a HTTP POST request is issued from the Vonage Video API infrastructure to your registered callback URL.
Note: Callback URL can be configured by the registered Admin or Developer of your Vonage Video API account.
To register a callback:
- Log in to your Vonage Video API Account.
- From the left menu, choose the desired Account.
- Select a Project for which you want to register a session monitoring callback.
- Scroll down to Project Settings.
- Under Session Monitoring, click on the button.
- Configure the callback URL and submit.
- A popup with callback URL configured will appear if the callback is successfully registered.
- If the registered callback URL cannot be reached, a popup with Configuration failure will appear. Double-check your callback URL and the server hosting the URL and Retry.
To remove the registered callback:
- Under Session Monitoring, click Remove.
- Click Confirm Removal to remove the configured session monitoring callback.
For additional information about Session monitoring, see our developer documentation on Session Monitoring.